Thursday, February 25, 2010

Kazenambo says Mulongeni should keep his nonsense

Written by Faith Sankwasa and Patience Nyangove
Thursday, 25 February 2010

STEADFAST Swapo MP Kazenambo Kazenambo has hit out at the state broadcaster’s One-on-One presenter, Dr Ben Mulongeni in what seemed a backlash against Kazenambo’s resistance against the tribal witch-hunt and ostracism of suspected Rally for Democracy and Progress (RDP) members in Government.



The steely Deputy Minister of Regional and Local Government, Housing and Rural Development, Kazenambo did not fear to risk his Ministerial career after he publicly lashed out at his Minister, Jerry Ekandjo for allegedly orchestrating a purge against Kwanyama speaking civil servants in his Ministry who are suspected to be RDP.

Following the Deputy Minister’s public disapproval of his Minister’s tribal witch-hunt, the Namibian Broadcasting Corporation (NBC) appears to have set him up, questioning his anti-systemic ideology, including his call for a non-Oshiwambo President.

The One-on-One interview, ironically, created a huge public appeal, attracting a large Facebook following, with some describing Kazenambo as “a man of dignity.”

“That man... I like his character as a man of dignity, honesty, very straightforward. They thought they can (disclose) to the nation. Guess what! Kazenambo was just one step ahead. I enjoyed last night and wish they can repeat the interview,” said one Facebook fan.

Said another fan, “I can prognosticate the future by seeing honourable Kazenambo Kazenambo being the first non-Oshiwambo President.”

“Hmm... Eish then we would see and hear freedom of speech at its best,” replied another fan.

In an interview with Informanté, Kazenambo criticised Mulongeni and told him “to keep his nonsense to himself”.

Kazenambo threatened to quit his Deputy Ministerial post after clashing with Ekandjo over a tribal witch-hunt targeting civil servants suspected to be Rally for Democracy and Progress (RDP) supporters.

“I have three heritages, I am Kazenambo Kazenambo. I am Namibian by descent and I am a Swapo member. Nobody can push me out of this party. I volunteered to join Swapo and I will voluntarily leave Swapo. Mulongeni did not give me my citizenship. If he came into the interview to put me in a tight spot and paint this bad boy picture of me, he failed.

“I didn’t beg to be a Namibian citizen. I am no puppet of anyone and I am not buying my citizenship. Mulongeni must keep his nonsense to himself. My Swapo heritage, I didn’t beg it from Mulongeni,” Kazenambo lashed out at Mulongeni.

In an apparent reference to Ekandjo, Kazenambo said the blackmail, witch hunts, lack of respect and selfishness must stop in Namibia.

“We must not treat each other through dirty manoeuvres, witch hunts but must respect each other, have the spirit of sharing, not denying each other opportunities. Let us wake up and treat each other, have mutual respect to co-exist well,” he said.

Commenting on the support he has received from the public following the interview, Kazenambo said the public was in solidarity with the principles he stands for.

“They were not in solidarity with Kazenambo Kazenambo as an individual but the principles I stand for that speak against calling other people names, blackmailing and putting other people in tight spots,” he said.

When contacted for comment, Mulongeni said he was good friends with Kazenambo saying he was not out there to crucify him.

“I will take on everybody regardless of who that person is. I was not out to put him down. It’s nothing to do with him. You should ask the NBC. They are the ones whose production team prepared those questions I asked Kazenambo.

If I managed to make somebody speak out during the interview then I am joyful. This programme has achieved its intended objective; that of getting people to talk. My guests should remain calm and answer questions not ask me questions. This programme is not a debate. It has got nothing to do with me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment